Extremely happy and excited post tonight!
Dedicated especially to Ah Ma :D
Here goes...
I met a boy today, and I can't stop smiling :D
It happened at a traffic light on my way back to Unilodge after my last class of the day, Law 121. We were waiting to cross when he took my breath away. He was blonde, with the widest grin I've been greeted with in a while, and as I grinned back, we started talking...
Okay hold up, I didn't mean it in that way! (Haha love the drama though, huh ;) )
Everything was true, but not in the romantic sense of the story. Truth is, he caught my eye primarily because of the fact that... HE WAS RIDING A UNICYCLE! A UNICYCLE! A ONE TYRED, NO STEERING MECHANISM, ONE TYRED THING! LIKE A CLOWN! A UNICYCLE! It was fantastic. He was as bright and cheerful and friendly as one would expect any guy on a Unicycle to be. HE WAS RIDING A UNICYCLE AT UNI, HAHAHA! Today was the first day I've ever seen anyone other than a clown on a Unicycle. That encounter alone was enough to ratify my decision to come to NZ to study. Well, I exaggerate. But it sure made me extremely pleased with my decision! I know, I know, Fran you're strange, Fran you're a retard, Fran that's stupid. But i guess you HTBT (had to be there-haha) to get what I mean. Anyway, let me finish the story. Best part's coming up!
We parted on cheerful terms, as circumstance called for it (the parting, not the happy terms haha. I would have been happier to watch him on his Unicycle for the rest of the day, and the next, and the next!) My already awe-struck look was intensified for the sight I was about to behold - HE WAS GOING TO GO DOWN THE SLOPE. This slope, mind you, that Unilodge lay on, entire 7 stories worth of steepness, that even I was hesistant to run down like I had not a care in the world, the last time i was out running. (I didn't end up running down it by the way. Too afraid that I would fall over, tumble down and do long term damage to both my physical body and my ego, haha) So I ran to a place where my view was not obstructed by trees (big, gorgeous trees which I have yet to take pictures of) and watched him, awe-struck times a million, as he Unicycled DOWN THE SLOPE. WITH NO HANDLES, NO BRAKES, JUST ONE TYRE AND A SEAT. It was the most exciting, enthralling, amazing sight I have ever seen. (Again, I may be exaggerating, but i can't think of ANYTHING that tops that. Honest. It was DFC - Damn Fucking Cool HAHAHA)
A Unicycle!
I grinned myself all the way back to my room, and I am still grinning, 2 and a half hours later. It's just one of those moments that absolutely make your day :D
Damn, I wish I had gotten a picture! Or a name! I will find him and stalk him now WHAHAHAHA. OR MAYBE, I WILL LEARN TO UNICYCLE TOO, JUST SO I CAN MAKE PEOPLE'S DAYS!
A UNICYCLE! :D
[FINIS] - DOM (Duchess of Malfi) style ;)
Other incidents, now which may continue to haunt me in years to come:
1) Last Thursday, I was happily shopping by myself (NFS - No Friends Symdrome), but happy nonetheless since the shopping part seemed to triumph over the No Friends part (okay fine, i exaggerate for the 3rd time. I do have friends. I was just lazy to ask. And i do genuinely like spending time with myself :D) As I was walking out of the changing room in Glassons, I bumped into someone, so said a apologetic but friendly "Sorry!" to my bumpee (hahaha the person I bumped into) Like always, my mouth tends to work faster than my brain or in this case, my head cos when I turned out, I got the fright of my life - Cos I saw a very familiar face staring back at me - ME. I BUMPED INTO A MIRROR AND APOLOGIZED TO MY MIRROR SELF. It does not get any more loserish than that. p.s. Mengs It seems i'm still doing this kinda stuff a million miles away! p.p.s. No, thank God no one saw.
2) Last Friday, I had another wonderful experience. On my way to Foodtown to buy food so i wouldn't starve and die, I walked past a cafe and saw Crepes with whipped cream and maple syrup and fresh fruit on the menu! Of course, I couldn't stop thinking about it so I had to get it on my way back to Unilodge. So I went back, carrying groceries in one hand and my crepe in the other! So excited I was, about eating my crepe! I pressed "3" as I always do, and when I reached my room, SHOCK AND HORROR MY KEY WOULD NOT FIT INTO THE LOCK! I started freaking out, as I do, when faced with the unexpected. I tried jamming my key in, it wouldn't budge. I tried pushing against the door, stupidly i suppose, in my shock and horror, and it wouldn't budge. I was thinking to myself: SHIT SHIT WHY DID SOMEONE CHANGE MY LOCK OMGOMG HOW HOW I CANNOT GET INTO MY ROOM HOOWWW! And then, miraculously, it occurred to me to look up, above the lock. 206 happily stared back at me. It took me a while to register that this was not 304, and then to blurt out silently "FREEEAAKK I GOT OFF ON THE WRONG FLOOR!" Also, thank God no one saw, or worse - that no one was actually in room 206. Imagine how that would've panned out? (I might have got slammed on the head with a pan from the residents thinking I was trying to rob them hahahaha, like in the movies!)
Okay that was the end of Francine the Embarrassment for this week(:
On another note, I'm been aching to have someone near me at night when I sleep at the Chong's place and in the mornings when I wake up. I sleep upstairs, it's like a loft, just a bed outside of the master bedroom. But it's unlike the housing in SG, it's wood pannelled, and from my bed next to the wall, there's a huge cut out so I can see directly down into the dining/kitchen area (a.k.a. I can smell and hear them cooking breakfast in the mornings when I'm in bed) Airy. But what makes it Beautifully Airy is that there are 2 windows, one on the ceiling at the end of my bed, and one on the wall, about one and a half feet from my head, upwards. And I can literally see the skies filled with stars at night, and in the mornings, if I wake up early enough, I get a wonderful view of the Sunrise over the Sea in the distance. It's absolutely gorgeous. Night times remind me of Nick, without him here I have no one to try to explain the astrology of it all and in the mornings I miss Meng! Cos if she were here i know she would be delirious, trigger happy all(: Then it sort of makes me miss everyone back home, and make me feel a little sad even though i'm happy. Again, I have no photos but maybe I'll snap a couple next weekend.
Then I get properly woken up with Bailey (very cute small fluffy white puppy they have) licking my toes. Haha he's adorable. The other day I was taking a nap and first he got up at the end of my bed. Then whenever he thought i wasn't looking, he'd inch closer and closer and closer til we were face to face just staring at each other. THEN HE WOULD TRY TO LICK MY FACE and i would try to throw him off my bed hahaha. Pictures soon, too :D I think of Aleee and Shawn when he does that. Haha(: See! I'm missing too many people!
Alright that's it for today, Jiayou to Kais and Luds who i'm talking to now too :D For different reasons, like we all have (:
p.s. My Free lipgloss is damn good! It stays glossy for AGES. Okay see now I think of Kais.
Lipgloss = Li Kaiyi HAHAHA

:D HAVE YOU CAUGHT HIM YET? HAHAHA
xoxo Fran